50 Days of Giveaways (“Contest”) is organized by STAR MEDIA GROUP BERHAD (Company No.: 197101000523 (10894-D) (“Organizer”).
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST AS THEY CONTAIN BINDING LEGAL TERMS AND OBLIGATIONS INCLUDING LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF THE ORGANIZER’S LIABILITY. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, YOU ARE DEEMED TO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN ITS ENTIRETY.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST NOT PROCEED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This Contest is open to all members of the public in Malaysia aged 18 and above at the time of entry except for permanent or temporary employees of the Organizer and their immediate family members (defined as parents, siblings, children or domestic partners, regardless of where they live).
2. The Contest consists of five (5) series with daily giveaways:
- Series 1: from 22 July 2021 (00.00) to 31 July 2021 (23:59)
- Series 2: from 1 August 2021 (00:00) to 10 August 2021 (23:59)
- Series 3: from 11 August 2021 (00:00) to 20 August 2021 (23:59)
- Series 4: from 21 August 2021 (00:00) to 30 August 2021 (23:59)
- Series 5: from 31 August 2021 (00:00) to 9 September 2021 (23:59)
Entries submitted out of the contest period will be disregarded.
3. Multiple submissions throughout the contest period are permitted, however the participants can only send in one (1) submission per day between 00:00 to 23:59.
4. For a participant who is not a Gold StarTreats member, each submission is considered as one (1) entry to the Contest. Each submission from a participant who is a Gold StarTreats member is equivalent to ten (10) entries. Participants may enroll / register as a member of Gold StarTreats by subscribing to any subscription plan worth RM90 and above via TheStar.com.my or StarNewsstand. This includes “The Star Digital Access” annual plans. If a participant becomes a Gold StarTreats member by subscribing to any plan worth RM90 and above, he or she will start to receive 10 entries per submission on the following day from subscription commencement.
5. There is one (1) Grand Prize and one hundred and fifty three (153) Daily Prizes to be won. Each participant can win a maximum of one (1) Daily Prize and one (1) Grand Prize.
6. Daily Prizes will be revealed by the Organizer on a daily basis at 00:00 through the Contest microsite 22 July 20201 until 8 September 2021 (Day 1 to Day 49).
7. The Grand Prize is one (1) unit of Mazda2 Skyactiv.
8. To participate in this Contest, participants have to submit entries via the Contest’s microsite and answer all questions correctly. Entries submitted throughout the Contest Period (from Day 1 to Day 49 of the Contest) will be in the running to win the Grand Prize.
i. Participant A is not a Gold StarTreats member. Participant A makes a submission on Days 1, 20, and 50 of the Contest. Participant A has a total of three (3) entries to win the Grand Prize.
ii. Participant B is a Gold StarTreats member. Participant B makes a submission on Days 1, 20, and 50 of the Contest. Participant B has a total of thirty (30) entries to win the Grand Prize.
iii. Participant C is not a Gold StarTreats member. Participant C makes a submission on Days 1 and 20 of the Contest. Participant C is in the running to win Daily Prizes but is not eligible for the Grand Prize because he/she does not participate on Day 50.
9. Each entry received by the Organizer will be assigned a serial number (“Serial Number”). Daily winners will be selected based on the mechanics provided in Clause 10 below.
10. Daily Prizes Winner Selection
The total qualified Serial Numbers allocated for each day will be divided by the number of prizes for the particular day added by one (1) to derive the shortlisted Serial Numbers. In the event a decimal number derived from the division, the number will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. The above mechanics will be applied to shortlist participants for all Daily Prizes.
If the total qualified Serial Numbers for Day 1 is “1,600” and the number of prizes for Day 1 is “3”, then the total qualified Serial Numbers of “1,600” will be divided by “4” to derive “400”. Participants will then be shortlisted based on the multiples of “400” i.e.: participants with the Serial Numbers “400”, “800” and “1,200” will be shortlisted.
The shortlisted participants will be contacted by the Organizer to answer two (2) questions and they must answer all questions correctly in order to win the Daily Prizes.
In the event a shortlisted participant is unable to answer all questions correctly, he/she will be automatically disqualified and the Organizer reserves the right to contact the next shortlisted participant as substitute.
11. Grand Prize Winner Selection
To qualify for the Grand Prize, participants must submit an entry on Day 50 of the Contest (9 September 2021, from 00:00). Participant who submits an entry on Day 50 of the Contest (9 September 2021) will be allocated Serial Numbers based on the total number of entries that he/she submitted throughout the contest period.
i. Participant A is not a Gold StarTreats member. Participant A makes a submission on Days 1, 20, and 50 of the Contest. Participant A will receive a total of three (3) Serial Numbers for the Grand Prize winner selection process.
ii. Participant B is a Gold StarTreats member. Participant B makes a submission on Days 1, 20, and 50 of the Contest. Participant B will receive a total of thirty (30) Serial Numbers for the Grand Prize winner selection process.
iii. Participant C is not a Gold StarTreats member. Participant C only makes a submission on Day 50 of the Contest. Participant C will receive one (1) Serial Number for the Grand Prize winner selection process.
iv. Participant D is not a Gold StarTreats member. Participant D makes a submission on Days 1 and 20 of the Contest. Participant D is not eligible for the Grand Prize winner selection process because he/she does not participate on Day 50.
The total qualified Serial Numbers allocated for Day 50 of the Contest (9 September 2021) will be divided by five (5) to derive the shortlisted Serial Numbers. In the event a decimal number derived from the division, the number will be rounded down to the nearest whole number. The Organizer will shortlist five (5) participants in the run to win the Grand Prize.
If the total qualified Serial Numbers for Day 50 is “5000”, it will be divided by “5” to derive the selected number of “1,000”. The participants on Day 50 with the Serial Numbers of “1,000”, “2000”, “3000” and so forth will be shortlisted.
Shortlisted participants for the Grand Prize shall participate in an online quiz on October 29, 2021 (“Quiz”). Click here for the specific terms and conditions of the Quiz. The Organizer will contact all five (5) shortlisted participants to confirm their attendance. In the event that a shortlisted participant is not contactable after three (3) attempts or he/she is not able to confirm his/her attendance within the specified deadline of the Organizer’s notification, he/she will be automatically disqualified. The Organizer reserves the right to contact the next shortlisted participant as a substitute.
12. The Organizer shall not be held liable in the event a shortlisted participant cannot be contacted for whatever reasons.
13. Upon verification and confirmation of the winners, arrangement will be made for winners to collect their Daily Prizes from the Organizer’s office located at Menara Star, 15 Jalan 16/11, 46350 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, from Mondays to Fridays, 9.00am to 5.30pm (excluding public holidays for Selangor). All Daily Prizes must be claimed within six (6) months from the date of notification failing which any unclaimed Daily Prizes will be forfeited by the Organizer without further reference to the said winner. In view of the current Movement Control Order (MCO), the fulfillment of some Daily Prizes may be delayed, and our representatives will contact the respective winners to arrange for collection.
14. The winner of the Grand Prize may be required to attend and participate in a prize-giving ceremony and/or other related events organized by the Organizer, if any. Should the winner fail to attend such ceremony and/or events, the Organizer reserves the right to forfeit the Grand Prize.
15. To claim the Grand Prize, the winner must possess a valid driving license issued by Jabatan Pengangkutan Jalan (JPJ).
16. All taxes, costs, charges, fees and/or expenses of whatsoever nature that are associated with the prizes shall be borne by the winners absolutely. For clarity, the winner shall bear the car registration fee, road tax, insurance coverage and any other miscellaneous costs relating to the Grand Prize.
17. The Organizer reserves the right to select the color of the Grand Prize, where applicable. Visual(s) of the Grand Prize used in any advertisement, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with the Contest is/are only for illustration purposes and may not depict the actual color or specifications of the Grand Prize and excludes any optional accessories.
18. Winners may elect a representative to collect the Daily Prizes on their behalf. Representatives must be able to present photo identification of the winners as proof of authorization during the collection.
19. The Organizer may elect to post Daily Prizes to winners located out of Klang Valley based on the address provided during the registration process. The Daily Prize will only be posted once written confirmation has been given by the winner entailing his/her agreement for the postal delivery of his/her Daily Prize. The Organizer shall not be held liable for any damage or lost or delayed or unsuccessful delivery of Daily Prizes.
20. Prizes are subject to availability. The Organizer reserves the absolute discretion to substitute any of the prizes with other products and/or services of similar value, at any time it deems fit and necessary. All prizes are given on an “As Is Where Is” basis and are not exchangeable for cash, credit, other prizes or vouchers, whether in part or in full.
21. By participating in this Contest, the participants acknowledge and agree that the Organizer excludes all warranty and/or liability in connection with the awarded prizes and/or the Contest. Participants shall assume full liability and responsibility in case of any liability, mishap, injury, loss, damage, claim or accident (including death) resulting from their participation in the Contest, redemption and/or usage of the prizes. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for any liability, mishap, loss, damage, claim or accident (including death) in any manner whatsoever suffered by the participants as a result of their participation in the Contest and/or the use of the prizes.
22. While the Organizer will use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Contest’s microsite, the Organizer makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy, correctness, reliability or otherwise with respect to such information, and assumes no liability or responsibility for any omissions or errors (including, without limitation, typographical errors and technical errors) in the content.
23. The Organizer reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice and the amended terms and conditions will be uploaded onto the Organizer’s microsite.
24. Participants are therefore encouraged to visit the Contest’s microsite from time to time to view any amendments and/or changes to the terms and conditions.
25. Use of and browsing on the Contest’s microsite is done at the participants’ own risk. Neither the Organizer nor any other party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Contest’s microsite, nor any naming right sponsors, event sponsors and third parties affiliated with the Organizer shall be liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, or punitive damages arising out of the participants’ access to, or use of, or browsing the microsite, or downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the microsite, including, without limitation, damage to, or viruses that may infect, their computer equipment or other property as a result thereof. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the microsite is provided to the participants "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
26. If this Contest is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer, then the Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the terms and conditions for this Contest, modify the Contest, suspend, terminate or cancel the Contest, as appropriate, without prior notice.
27. PRIVACY STATEMENT RELATING TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF PARTICIPANTS (this “Notice”)
- The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) was introduced by the Government of Malaysia to govern/regulate the processing of the personal data (“Personal Data”) in commercial transactions. This Notice is issued to participants to inform them that this is the basis upon which the processing of the Personal Data is done by the Organizer.
- Purpose: All information (including Personal Data) submitted by participants in their participation of the Contest shall belong to the Organizer and the participants irrevocably and unconditionally consent and permit the Organizer to use, publish and/or feature the participants’ and/or their pictures (which may include the participant’s name, statements about the Contest or any of its related matter) without further notice or compensation for publicity, advertising or any other related purposes in any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to in any of the Organizer’s publications, websites and/or any promotional materials.
- Transfer: The participants’ Personal Data will be kept confidential by the Organizer but the participants also agree that for the purposes set out in Clause 27(b) above, the Organizer may transfer or disclose such Personal Data to the following parties within or outside of Malaysia:
- Other partners or any participating partners which owe a duty of confidentiality to the Organizer;
- The Organizer’s agents or contractors under a duty of confidentiality to the Organizer providing administrative, telecommunications, data processing or other services to the Organizer in relation to the Contest (such as but not limited to professional advisers, customer call centre providers, gift redemption centres or data entry companies);
- Any affiliates that owe a duty of care to the Organizer; and
- Any law enforcement agency and/or regulatory body for compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, codes and/or guidelines and/or any person or entity to whom the Organizer are under a binding obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law, rule, regulations, code and/or guideline and/or order of any competent court of law, law enforcement agencies and/or regulatory bodies.
- Access: The participants have the right to request access to and to request correction of the relevant participants’ Personal Data. Nothing herein contained shall limit the rights of any participant under the PDPA.
28. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the Contest or the prizes not specified herein shall form part of these terms and conditions.
29. The Organizer’s decisions are final and there shall be no appeal entertained and/or allowed. All participants shall not resort to court proceedings to review the Organizer’s decisions.
30. For further information, please read the FAQ or email your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.